Monday, October 13, 2008

A Needle in a Haystack

Sunday night we went to a "Fall Fest" at my sister's church in South County. It was lots of fun, and we were everywhere--riding ponies, eating funnel cake, looking inside a firetruck, changing diapers in the nursery (that's not really the fun part), riding tricycles on the parking lot, watching fireworks. It wasn't until the way home that I realized the diamond was missing out of my wedding ring. Part of the frustration was that I just had the prongs fixed at the end of May. I hadn't worn it for the end of my pregnancy, and when I put it back on it seemed a little wiggly. Hubby got it fixed for me, and I haven't taken it off since. It hasn't even been 4 months!!! We both were silent on the way home. I was on the brink of tears--trying not to put too much weight in material possessions and yet feeling very sentimental about my wedding ring. It's probably the first big purchase my husband ever made, and it was for me. He suggested we go back and look for it, and I didn't want to. It was dark. There were probably a thousand people there. We had been so many different places. It would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Today Hubby took the ring with him and stopped by the jeweler on his way out of town. He was going to see if some kind of warranty would cover the prong repair--or the diamond loss. It was closed. My mom was off work today and came over to help out with the kids (and make some yummy meals). That was such a HUGE help. While she was outside playing with the girls and Little Buddy was still gnawing on his baby biscuit, I started sweeping the floor. I noticed a pile of crumbs in the corner over by the stove and went over to sweep. One of the crumbs seemed a bit shiny, but not shiny enough to be a diamond. I wouldn't have even noticed it if I weren't thinking about my diamond all day. But I picked it up, turned it over, and sure enough. It was my diamond. I guess I lost it before we even went to the Fall Fest. I still can't believe I found a needle in a haystack. Apparently it IS possible!!!

6 comments:

Darla said...

What a relief!!! I'm SO glad you found it!

Asher and Ellie's Family said...

Yeah!

LissaLou said...

I'm just glad it was in a pile of crumbs and not in a haystack (aka Fall Fest) where it would be impossible to find!

Our Family said...

Wow! That's awesome! Isn't it funny how God does that?
Now...RUN to the jeweler :)

Bryonie said...

That is so great! I'm really, really glad you found it - I would have been a complete mess.

J, T, G & S Dalton said...

I am sure you are relieved!!