Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Easy Costume Ideas--No Sewing Required

A few years ago a group of teenagers came to my house "trick or treating." They were all wearing their street clothes. Come on. If you want candy, at least come up with a costume. In this same neighborhood (probably the same kids), a group came to my house at Christmastime "caroling" to raise money for the school. About 5 minutes later I saw them buying candy and soda at the convenience store down the street. Rude...

Anyway, the costume doesn't have to be fancy. We came up with a few just this morning. Here are some ideas.

Humpty Dumpty
Equipment Needed: One very healthy baby, a onesie that's too small, and baby "mom jeans"
Still Needed: A beanie and a very large belt buckle

A Knight
Equipment Needed: Balloons from the very talented balloon artist at Pizza Street. (Seriously, he's really good. You should see his little mermaid.)

A Popsicle
Equipment Needed: Upside down tote bag, pajama pants, a really good imagination, and probably a seeing eye dog to lead you around

Sad Purple Dog
Equipment Needed: Pajama shirt and a pouty 2-year-old

Virgin Mary
Equipment Needed: Pajama shirt
Equipment Still Needed: Something virginal to cover her nakedness

3 comments:

Darla said...

I still laugh out loud thinking of us seeing those kids at the convenience store buying ALL kinds of candy!!! We're such suckers!

The sad puppy dog... the baby mom pants... virgin mary... all HILARIOUS!

granny2five said...

Wasn't it your big sis that used that phrase to describe you when your mom was getting you out of the tub and had wrapped you in the towel - "Oh, she looks just like the virgin Mary!"

LissaLou said...

Aw, Aunt Saundra stole it. I was going to say, "Aww...she looks like a little virgin." Jon still cracks up at that story! This pics & ideas are absolutely hilarious! I think I was at your house when those kids came "caroling"!