Sunday, October 26, 2008

Candy Harvesting

The first part of this video makes me laugh because I grew up in an environment where celebrating Halloween was very controversial. In our family we don't dwell on the scary aspects and certainly don't celebrate evil, but we DEFINITELY like getting dressed up in costumes and "candy harvesting." I felt like I was crossing a line this weekend when I bought Little Sissy a t-shirt with a black cat on it, but it was only $1 at Old Navy. And how evil can a 2-year-old in a black cat shirt be? I mean, she really likes kitties. Little Buddy's onesie says "Snack-o-lantern." Very cute.

I could add to the list of acceptable harvest costumes that I've worn. For example, it certainly has to be OK to dress up as any of the Ingalls girls (from Little House on the Prairie), especially if you collect candy in a tin lunch bucket. Now if you choose to dress up as Nellie, you might be crossing the line. She was kind of evil. Stay tuned for some pictures of our adorable little candy harvesters in their non-scary, non-evil "fall costumes."

2 comments:

LissaLou said...

The "approved" costumes are hilarious. I guess Minnie Mouse isn't even acceptable? I was a lion one year, though. Where do you find these videos? The "ghost riding" a horse is pretty ironic if you think about it.

Blessed Mama said...

My brother- and sister-in-law love Rhett and Link and introduced me to them. They have some other really funny videos, like a homeschool one.