Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Little Bit Louder Now

We decided not to send Big Sissy to preschool this year--for a few reasons. I've been doing a little "school work" with her every day just to make sure she's on track by the time she does go to school. I ordered a few books that have simple math (patterns, counting), critical thinking, and practice with sounds. Today we did a new book. I read the instructions, and she did everything perfectly except she was shouting in my ear. I re-read the instructions. It said, "Say out loud the word..." That was her literal interpretation. I think it's good to practice everything at home before it happens in public. That way only the people you love most will be laughing at you. :)

2 comments:

LissaLou said...

I love her and I'm laughing at her! And I wasn't even there. :o) That's why I think it would be hilarious to teach kindergarten!

dulce de leche said...

Very cute! We haven't done anything formal with Ariana yet, but I am thinking about getting some books soon just to ease into things.