Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Angel Baby

If you've been following this blog for a while, you are probably aware of the issues we have had with our firstborn. She is smart, thoughtful, perceptive, adorable--and hard. At least she has been. I've been noticing lately, though, that she is really growing up and becoming quite a delightful Big Sissy. She is maturing in her emotions, and though she still has occasional tantrums, she is much more likely to be able to express what she is feeling with words or even tears rather than angry outbursts.

Some examples of her recent sweetness are (1) offering to hold Little Sissy when she's sad and I can't get to her immediately and (2) telling me not to talk to Little Buddy about needing to throw my socks away. They had huge holes in them. She said, "Mommy, he really likes socks and I think that would upset him if he heard you say you were going to throw socks away." That sensitivity made me smile.

In other exciting news, she has kept her panties dry at night for 2 weeks in a row now. I do take her to the bathroom before I go to bed, but I prefer that to buying pull-ups! She also figured out how to pour cereal and milk into a bowl and get a spoon. Thankfully I did not know she was doing it the first time or I might not have let her try, but she only spilled a couple of drops and she cleaned it up herself before she even told me. I love that we are moving toward independence. The more independent she gets, the sweeter and more cuddly she gets at the same time. I am loving the phase we are in!!

4 comments:

granny2five said...

I noticed at Christmas this year that she seemed more meek (although she's always been a sweetheart), and Lil Sissy seems to be becoming more assertive. Next year, they'll all change again. That's called "life." Ain't it grand?

LissaLou said...

Wow, did you really post this at 6:30 in the morning? ;o) They are all getting too big. They are all so precious to me in unique ways!

Darla said...

I love that girl! (and your new look!)

Darla said...

I love that girl! (and your new look!)