Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It's All About the Packaging

I ate a LOT of chocolate when I was pregnant. I always loved chocolate, but when I was pregnant I craved, no I just needed it. I was shopping at Babies 'R Us recently, when this bar caught my eye.

A Belly Bar. This particular one is called "Baby Needs Chocolate." How clever. I bought it and ate it. It was actually pretty good, although not as good as chocolate chips straight out of a bag. See...all my chocolate chips would have needed was an extra label to make me feel better about the sheer numbers of them that I ate during pregnancy. Not that Hershey needs any help in their marketing, but they could have eased pregnancy guilt for a lot of closet chocolate chip eaters with just a little extra label. Like this...

Pregnancy Chips. "Mama's Having One of Those Days." The big Sam's Club bag could be called "Mama's a Little Out of Control." It's all in the packaging.

No comments: