Thursday, January 22, 2009

Elmo's Green Thumb

Today was a big day. Our friend won 4 Sesame Street Live tickets on the radio. Since she is a teenager and that is on her "opposite of cool" list, she gave the tickets to us. Unfortunately, I am sick. Thankfully I stayed well through everyone else's "stuff" at Christmastime and Hubby's surgery. But today I definitely would have called in sick if being a mommy were a "regular" job. I woke up all achy and sneezy and tired. The kids LOVED it, though, so I'm so glad I went. We treated the kids with cotton candy and a $10 Elmo balloon (yikes!). Then we had lunch at Amighetti's, my favorite bakery on The Hill (the Italian district). If you saw my "25 Random Things" list on Facebook, you already know that I can sleep anywhere, any time. If I don't feel good, that includes the Scottrade Center with screaming children and dancing monsters and loud music. Here's proof.

Little Buddy was tired, too, since he missed his morning nap, but he hung in there. He danced to the music and tried to touch all the kids around us. It was a great show about taking care of nature. They sang one song about not wasting water. I wish they would have had another one about not wasting soap, another about not wasting toilet paper and tissues. Somehow I think they might get it if Big Bird sang about it. Here's another picture of all of us awake and excited.

2 comments:

granny2five said...

What a wonderfully fun day, full of memories for the little ones (well, at least Caroline).

Darla said...

So fun!!! Sesame Street Live was definitely the highlight of my kids' early years!!! Glad your kids had fun. Hope you feel better!