Friday, May 15, 2009

We've Already Spent a Dime

Hubby and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary next week. I fully expect us to have 75 or more years together. If you think of it like being handed 75 cents, we've already spent a dime. I feel like we squandered our first nickel with bickering, grudges, disappointment, and selfishness. After some counseling and some maturing, the last nickel has been more wisely invested in building trust, valuing our differences, forgiveness, and partnering in our call to parenting. I'm glad for the change I have left. In more ways than one. Happy anniversary to my best friend. If I had a whole dollar left I'd want to spend it with you.

3 comments:

granny2five said...

Awww. Sweet post. Value every minute. Life can change far quicker than you might realize. Treasure simply being together and enjoying the company of one who cherishes you - warts and all.

Darla said...

Very sweet! Happy 10th Anniversary! Love you both!

Elizabeth said...

Happy 10th anniversary! I know what you mean about that first nickel. I think it was our first 7 cents! But it gets so much better, doesn't it? Here's to a whole buck!!