I haven't even written about my girls' night this past weekend. My mom, sisters, and I went to see Steven Curtis Chapman and Michael W. Smith on their United tour. Once I got over the junior high nostalgia, it was a GREAT concert. I adore Steven Curtis Chapman, and listening to hear about the fatal accident of his little girl last year made me bawl like a baby. I had already warned my mom to get out the tissues if he sang the song Cinderella, which of course he did. I think of it every time my little girls dress up in their Cinderella dresses and want to marry Daddy or read a princess story. You never know when those precious moments might end.
I was never a huge Michael W. Smith fan. I think he is amazing on the keyboards, but his Go West years just didn't fit with my BeBe and CeCe Winans/Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir style at the time. I'm laughing just typing that. But...lately Michael W. has written some amazing worship songs that I didn't even know I should give him credit for. Here is a picture of us dining before the concert. My poor sister (seated) has a jacked up back and could barely get out of her chair, so we gathered around her. I'm sad for her and also sad that I couldn't crop me without cropping out her beautiful face. So here we are, ready to embark on our surprise rerouting to the high school across town where we would stand in line, board a shuttle, and be 30 minutes late for the concert. Which WAS still worth it.

2 comments:
Beautiful group of ladies - some of my favorites! Can't believe you didn't like Michael W. He's the best!
It was so fun! It was the highlight of my week for sure! Thanks for taking pity on me and standing around me, too! ha!
Post a Comment