Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Bubble Gum, Bubble Gum, In a Dish

Our girls have learned some new rhymes lately from some of the "big kids" in our small group. One is eenie meenie miny moe, which I was glad to hear "catch a TIGER by his toe." Sadly, that's not how I learned it. How embarrassing. Another new rhyme, which they are obsessed with, is "Bubble gum, bubble gum in a dish. How many pieces do you wish?"

Little Sissy has simultaneously gotten confused and gotten obsessed with this rhyme. Probably a dozen times a day she asks me, "How many people do you wish?" I've gotten very boring. I always say 5, since that's how many people are in our family. It's really fun to ask when we're somewhere else, though, so we can name all the people present. She asks other people this too, which is especially confusing because of the way she talks combined with the fact that the question doesn't make sense even with perfect articulation.

Last night, after promising myself I was going to bed at a decent time, I was still up at 1 a.m. I was downstairs on the computer (of course), when I heard little footsteps running upstairs. I ran up to see what was wrong. Little Sissy, squinting because she was still half asleep, rubbed her eyes and said, "I jus' need to ask you sumpin'."

"What is it, honey?"
"Um...um...um...how many people do you 'ish?"

So I have a computer obsession, and she has a "bubble gum in a dish" obsession. I guess it's genetic.

7 comments:

granny2five said...

Your posts always make me smile, and some days I NEED an excuse to "let it all go."

JM said...

I was thinking about you today. I know it's unrelated to the bubble gum rhyme, but I was in craft store and saw those window decals you were talking about a few posts back and I couldn't help but smile. I wonder if they make mini roller coaster decals too so everyone driving behind you can tell how much fun your adorable family has. :)

JM said...

Hmm...I wonder why my comment posted as "Unknown". Since I'm not JoanneWhatever anymore, I tried to sign in using my Google ID and it didn't work. I had to post a second time so you wouldn't think there was a creepy person out there wandering around A.C. Moore thinking about you!

LissaLou said...

Maybe she was dreaming the rhyme. That's what I used to do when I'd get something in my head. Maybe it really is genetic.

Blessed Mama said...

Thank you for identifying yourself. I miss your blog, Joanne Whatever! Suddenly one day you were just gone...

JM said...

Someone from my distant past has decided to reappear and make my life a living Hell. I'm being harassed via twitter, facebook, my work email address, and snail mail. The blog was also a source of harassment, and the police advised that I take it down. I've been digitally assassinated!

Blessed Mama said...

That's really creepy, Joanne. I hope you're OK. If you're able to safely get a new blog going, let me know.