I have a great life, but I still feel yucky and emotional sometimes. I guess it's part of being a girl, but I would not choose that part of womanhood in a million years. Today is one of those days. Hubby is out of town, and I always need a day or two to adjust to his being gone. But today I also woke up with symptoms of a recurring illness I have had more times than I care to name. I knew I would need to take some antibiotics, and I thought for some reason that I would then not be able to breastfeed while I was taking the medicine. I have dropped from 4 feedings down to 2 (morning and night), but I wasn't really ready to drop the last 2. When I woke up and knew what was happening, I made the impromptu decision to drop the morning feeding. It's not really the way I wanted to make that decision, and it turns out that the antibiotic is safe for nursing mothers. But my day just started wrong, you know? I am such a baby. Lots of moms do this alone all the time. I am just weak, and I need my partner!!!
On a brighter note, Big Sissy came up with a new definition today that I think is pretty good. She was talking about her vegetable soup, and she said she liked the vegetables but not the "background soup." That's a pretty good description of broth, don't you think?
Hubby called to check in on us around 6. He's such a good man. Usually I'm just getting dinner on the table, but we were already done. Frozen pizza and veggies don't really take that long to prepare. he he. That's one nice thing about "single mommin'" it. Little Sissy wanted to talk to Daddy. Usually she just says "hi" and then listens for a minute, looks at the phone, and then hands it back to me. Today she was feeling especially chatty. I knew exactly what she was saying, but I knew Hubby was struggling. Here's what she told him:
"I sad 'cause Mommy ot et me av 'oap."
Translation: (I'm sad ((ie. WHINY)) because Mommy won't let me have soap.) Lest you think I won't let the poor baby get clean, I bought a new bottle of soap yesterday and today it's already half empty.
After lots of struggling and Daddy saying things like, "What? You need help? You need help with what?" I got the phone back. Then she wanted to tell him one more thing.
"I got a boo boo."
Phone back to me. Then she needed to tell him one more thing.
"I toot." (silence on our end while Daddy says something) "Umm...I say "skuze me. OK. Bye bye."
Finally, to add to the randomness of this post, here is one way to keep your baby brother from taking your sippy cup--or at least to make sure he gouges out at least one eye in the process: Stick a toothpick in it. Good thinking, Big Sissy.
4 comments:
Awww...I chuckled at the comments, particularly on tooting. Lots of hugs to you--I was the most miserable I've ever been when Carlos was in Mexico last summer. It is soooo hard. Hugs on the breastfeeding, too. You know you can always increase it again if you want. ;)
Dear, sweet niece, I sometimes feel like I'm seeing my life replayed in your posts. You're such a wonderfully transparent survivor. Hang in there. Let the "funnies" that the little ones provide on a daily basis lift your heart and spirit. And it came to pass . . .
"I say scuse me" makes anything okay, right??? I know it's hard when hubby is gone, but hang tight... and keep the random cuteness coming!
I love the booby-trapped sippy cup...and Lil' Sissy's conversation! I hope you feel better soon, emotionally AND physically.
Post a Comment