In the days BK (before kids), I used to decorate for every holiday. One year I actually made Valentine's Day placemats out of laminating sheets with hearts and swirly cutouts inside. Now that I have little ones, things have changed a bit. Here's how we decorated this year (compliments of Aunt YaYa. Thanks for the fun Valentines, Aunt YaYa! We love you!)
Saturday, February 14, 2009
How We Decorate for Valentine's Day
I love Valentine's Day. Even when I was single, I used to have parties and buy treats for all of my other single friends. Something about a nation-wide day to let people know they are loved makes me happy. I do remember watching "Better Off Dead" with a bunch of single friends one year, but we were still happy watching it together. The girls got makeup from me this year. I know...I'm a glutton for punishment. I'm going on my Valentine's date tomorrow night. Aunt YaYa is keeping the girls overnight, and my friend Martha is going to stay with Little Buddy while he sleeps. It's nice to have friends to trade favors with!! Hubby has chosen Dave & Busters as the rendezvous of choice. Ummm...don't be jealous. To be fair, he does change diapers. I can't complain. I just might have to wear something cute and take candles to decorate the SpeedRacer arcade game so I can pretend we're somewhere romantic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I LOVE your Valentine's decorations. We didn't have any this year at all, not even on the boo-boos:) I'm so boring.
My husband would pick Dave and Busters if I let him. He's not into the romantic places I am. Oh well.
I'm glad they enjoyed the goodies. I asked the girls if they brought their bandages in case they got booboos at my house. This caused great concern, especially when I told them I have just plain Bandaids at my house!
Oh, wow! You would have KILLED for fancy bandaids like that when we were kids, wouldn't you?? :) Glad they had a fun "love" day!
Post a Comment