There has been much research and and literature written on separation anxiety. This is where the child cries when mommy leaves and feels unsettled until she returns. I haven't seen much on the mommy's separation anxiety. I sent Big Sissy to Aunt YaYa's house tonight--by herself--and I'm feeling a little teary and unsettled. The thing making me feel better is that she was SO excited all day. Even in the car on the way to our meet point, every time I looked at her in the rear view mirror she had this huge grin on her face. She loves Aunt YaYa, AND they're going to Six Flags tomorrow. She's been there once, just before she turned 2, but she doesn't remember it. The teary moment came when she gave me a hug and asked, "Mommy, are you going to miss me?" *gulp* "Cause I'm going to miss you, Mommy." *blinking back the tears* Little Sissy was a little sad about staying home until she realized that after Little Buddy went to bed she was the queen of our house for about an hour. She was climbing all over us, getting held, and loving all the attention. It's really a win-win situation tonight. Big Sissy gets all the attention there and Little Sissy gets all the attention here--temporarily. I might have mentioned the mommy guilt I feel for not being able to give them more attention individually at this moment...
We took Little Buddy for his 6-month doctor visit today. I just giggled the whole time because he was so happy and bouncy, even while he was being examined. When the doctor tested to see if he could bear weight on his legs, they looked like they were dancing together. Dr. H called him a "Bubba." I'm not sure if I like that, but it does fit right now. So far he's been called Bubba, Bruiser, Buster, Buddha. Why do chubby people get called "B" names? Maybe I should protest when Hubby calls me Babe... ha. So this will cease to be cute when he's about 3, but right now I can't get enough of his little chubs. He's actually moved from the 94th percentile weight down to the 84th percentile and up to the 90th percentile for height. So in theory he should look thin, right? I don't think I understand this percentile thing. Anyway, he was definitely not so happy and bouncy when he woke up from his nap. He is sore and cranky. Hopefully he'll sleep off all the poison we call immunizations tonight (the media is really getting to me on this subject).
I'm off to find my pacifier (something chocolate, maybe?) until my baby returns.
1 comment:
Hang in there, mama! You'll never get over that separation anxiety, but it helps to know how much fun Big Sissy is having, right??? I sleep with my cell phone when my kids are gone, just in case they need to call... pitiful, huh?! hee.
Post a Comment