The new MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) year is about to begin. This year's theme is Adventures in Mothering. The topics are centered around carnival events. The lady who is in charge of decorating picked my family as the "models" for pictures of adventures in mothering. The photos depicted sort of crazy scenes like getting 3 kids buckled into their carseats, nursing a baby while working on a meal and having a toddler pulling on my leg. We didn't have to work very hard at staging these scenes, because this is my life. We have our own carnival every day for free. The pictures are pretty funny. I wish I had the copies.
Here was today's adventure in mothering. I worked at our church's Mother's Day Out program today. I've done it a few times. I work in the baby room so I can be with Little Buddy, and the girls go to their classes. I make a little money, get out of the house, and I'm still with or near my kids. Usually I have one other baby besides my own. Today there was an extra for a few hours. It doesn't seem like it would make that much difference, but it did. I know moms with triplets must be exhausted, but at least when you're the mama you know how to comfort them and what their schedules are, etc. I had a crazy couple of hours before everyone finally fell asleep. After we left there I went to Party City to order some balloons for Little Sissy's birthday party next week. Of course it took forever because there are so many fun trinkets to touch, play with, sneak into the cart, etc. I was finally to the counter to order the balloons. Little Buddy was buckled into the front of the cart, and I was holding onto it with one hand while I grabbed latex balloons and put them onto the counter. The next thing I know the whole cart was turning over and 3 kids were screaming. I was able to keep it sideways before someone came running to help. I think both girls decided to climb onto one side while I was talking, and their weight pulled the whole thing over. Thankfully Little Buddy's head landed in a vat of soft toys and Little Sissy was small enough to not get hurt. Big Sissy, though, has a pretty nasty fat lip. She was bleeding, and the more blood she saw the more she screamed. The poor guy at the counter gave them each a nice pink princess balloon (even Little Buddy), and I'm sure everyone breathed a HUGE sigh of relief when we finally got out the door. Unfortunately, you can't put a Band-Aid on the inside of your lip (see previous post).
Tonight we're all laughing about it (after explaining the serious dangers of doing that, yadda yadda). I just stick my top lip out and say, "Who am I?" and Big Sissy laughs. Our special angels were busy today, and I'm thankful. It has been an adventure, but please stop the ride. I'm ready to get off and go to bed. I think our passes are still good tomorrow.
Tonight we're all laughing about it (after explaining the serious dangers of doing that, yadda yadda). I just stick my top lip out and say, "Who am I?" and Big Sissy laughs. Our special angels were busy today, and I'm thankful. It has been an adventure, but please stop the ride. I'm ready to get off and go to bed. I think our passes are still good tomorrow.

3 comments:
Mothering is a 24/7 job, isn't it? Nurturing, protecting, teaching, providing, directing, etc. It never ends. Then, one day all too soon, you look up and they're not little anymore. They're heading into the pre-teen and teen years. Once again it begins, nurturing, protecting, teaching, providing, directing, etc. Only, this time around, you have to somehow get it done withour their knowledge!! Every age is wonderful. New adventures and fresh opportunities to instill God's grace and love into their hearts.
Whew! I'm exhausted just reading about your day! Hang in there, Mama!
You poor thing. I can only imagine you were glad for a new day. Hope today was better!
Post a Comment