Monday, August 6, 2007

Minivan Mommy

Well, it's official. I'm a minivan mom. I always pictured myself as more of a jeep mom. I thought minivans were just for moms with bad haircuts and too-short jeans. I should just stop that list right there....anyway, we traded in my cute little Honda Accord for a used Honda Odyssey. I have to say that I'm really liking it so far. Sunday I sat in the floor and fed Little Sissy lunch after church while we were driving home (not safe, I know). But the point is that I had room to do that. And cupholders everywhere...it's heaven on wheels. If I really got to pick what I wanted, it would be newer and have leather seats and one of those systems that tell you where to turn to get anywhere (although I have Hubby for that). But it does have a built-in DVD system, which we haven't even clued the girls into yet. We're taking an overnight road trip this weekend, and it has room for both a big double stroller and luggage. Woo hoo! I'm really excited about all this room. As I think about it, I might have a minivan haircut right now. Ughhh... I went out and bought some new clothes just in case I was dressed like a minivan mom too. Aren't I vain?! (no comments to that, please). I felt so sad to drive away from my little red car. I think our young salesman is buying it for himself. It looked so shiny and familiar in the rearview mirror. This is why I could never break up with anyone when I was younger. I have a hard time giving up anything even for something better. So...I'm forcing myself to move on. I am switching my loyalties to our cute, gently used silver Honda Odyssey. And I'm tugging on my pants at this moment, just in case.

No comments: