Thursday, August 23, 2007

Day 4

Well, we leave tomorrow for our trip. So why I'm not packing, I have no idea. Probably the same reason I always clean my house the night before final exams...dread of the necessary. Procrastination. God has been good to us this week. Everyone has been calm and happy (except for all the wetting of the pants, which is still happening daily--Big Sissy, not me). The plan is to leave as early as possible tomorrow while everyone is still pleasant and stop at a McDonalds playland after Little Sissy naps in the car. We'll see how that turns out. I'm excited b/c I get to see a girl I used to work with at Covenant (who has a 9-month old I've never seen) and a cousin I haven't seen in about 9 years. Both live in KC. Today was a good day. We met my friend Amy and her girls at the park and had lunch at their house. This park has a water area, which I didn't know about. I was totally unprepared, but I let the girls play in the water in their clothes anyway. Amy's girls are exactly the same size as my 2 girls, so we were able to get a change of clothes at her house. I don't know why, but it made me feel so at home, like I was with family. And her house always looks "lived in," just like mine. I feel very comfortable with them. What would I do without friends? What a blessing. I probably won't post again until Monday since we'll be gone. Here we go...

No comments: