I like to think of myself as a go-with-the-flow, fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kind of girl.
Except I'm not.
I get really nervous about change. That's why I get haircuts only about 3 times a year. That's why I used to stay in dating relationships long after they'd "expired." That's why it's hard to watch my kids growing up so fast. I don't know what's coming next.
Sometimes, though, I'm ready for a change. And when I'm ready it happens. Fast. Like when I decided to start recycling. Before Hubby knew what was happening, I had recycling bins ordered and I was intercepting every piece of trash before it hit the trash can. Or when I decided my basement was crowded enough and I organized a garage sale in a week. I feel like change is happening in me. I don't know if it will be a fast one, but it's coming.
A presidential election is tomorrow. I REALLY hope that brings some change. But more than that I'm ready for a change in my personal direction. I've been so focused on being a mommy for so long that I forgot to see who else I was. As I'm studying counseling, I'm really remembering my call to ministry. And things are popping up everywhere that hold lots of potential. So maybe I'll go into a traditional school counseling role when I'm done. Or maybe I won't. But the change is that I'm open to whatever it is that God wants me to do.
1 comment:
Change is really hard for me, too. I'm talking any change, big or small, I get hives. But I've learned that some changes, no matter how scary, are part of growing us up into who God made us to be. He's writing a story with each of our lives, and there has to be some ups and downs, some drama, some change. Without it, life would be really, really boring.
Post a Comment