Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Yes, Boys are Different!

When Little Buddy was a baby, people would ask me, "So is it different having a boy?" I would shake my head and laugh because he was the sweetest, cuddliest little baby who smiled all the time, slept great, ate good. But then he turned about 2 and oh my, yes. It is different. He still will play with "girl stuff" from time to time, but he just plays with it differently. He is still my most affectionate child, and I hope that never changes. But he's almost my most physically aggressive child.

Today I was reminded again of the differences when I was trying to teach letters and sounds as we were eating lunch. "What starts with F? Ffffffff....."

Little Sissy: "Fairies, fancy, fish"
Little Buddy: "Fffff....football! And FARTS!!!" (hysterical laughter)

Yep, I've got a boy. And I love it.

No comments: