We have been working on a HUGE deck project at our house. Well, I haven't actually been working on the deck at all. My job is really to stay out of the way and keep the children out of the way. AND to feed the people who come to help. I'll post pictures when it's all done. I'm so proud of my husband and his commitment to finishing this enormous task.
Today I threw some stuff for soup into a pot and darted out the door so that I could get the girls to swim lessons and still have something to feed the gang when we got back. By the time dinner was on the table it was nearly bedtime and we were famished. I let the kids go ahead and start since to the guys kept thinking of one more thing they needed to do before they took a break.
When my mother-in-law sat down to eat and noticed that the kids were already eating, she asked, "Did anyone say grace?"
"Nope. No one said Grace or Gracie, "Gracie said with a giggle--her mouth full of food. "Why?"
I guess we just don't use that terminology in our house.
No comments:
Post a Comment