Sunday, September 9, 2007

Baby Dedication




Today we (finally) had Little Sissy dedicated. I wanted to do it before she was a year old, but we've had so many dilemmas in the past year...like do we baptize or dedicate? For that matter, where do we even go to church? We moved in January and have been bouncing around ever since. Just last month we finally decided to go back to the church we attended a couple of years ago. Of course there are some things I don't love about it, but that's always going to be the case. The important thing is that the people love God, teach the Bible faithfully, and love us well. It feels like home to be back.


Hubby got to take the microphone briefly and talk again about the grace of God in our lives allowing us to have 2 children after such difficulty even conceiving the first one (thus the name of our child). And then we got to share the news that we're having another one, which I'm sure answered many people's questions since I am really starting to blossom. :) God's grace is so amazing, and today was another reminder as we stood before a congregation of people and promised again to give our children to the Lord for His service and to teach them faithfully about God. What a responsibility! Little Sissy was quite the charmer and I'm not sure the people got to hear all of what the pastor was saying. She was working the crowd, waving to everyone. I missed much of it too, because Big Sissy was sitting spread eagle on the platform when I noticed that she wasn't right beside me. Both sets of grandparents got to attend, and that was special to us.

No comments: