I'm pretty sure no one reads this any more since I haven't blogged in a year, but I have grounded myself from Facebook and trying to recall what it's like to type out my thoughts in more than a sentence or two at a time. Why get off of the biggest social media site there is? Well, I think because it's the biggest social media site there is. I have/had 600 friends on Facebook, all people I am at least loosely connected with, and by the time I take the time to read the details of all their lives I have lost the deeper connections with the fewer--MUCH fewer--that God has given me to nurture at this moment.
Also I'm addicted.
I'm addicted to knowing what everyone is doing and wearing and eating for dinner and who they're hanging out with in their spare time. I am addicted to being "liked" when I post something clever. I'm addicted to having something to do when I have to wait for any length of time anywhere. Do you know what I used to do? Pray. Think. Imagine. Dream. Write. Plan. Remember. Play. Sleep.
It's time to go back to those days. I seriously had to ask my husband what my blog url was. I couldn't remember. Even now I'm having trouble navigating the site. But it will come back to me. And the people who actually like me can keep up with me here. And though I won't be "liked" nearly as much, I think I'll be liked better--by the people that matter.
Thanks for welcoming me back.
2 comments:
You go, girl!!! And I promise to let you know if someone eats something REALLY interesting for dinner... once I get back on, that is!
I like you and I will keep up with you. Glad you're back to blogging!
Post a Comment