Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The John in our Backyard

I try and try to tell people how blessed we are, but I just have to say it again! We are so blessed! We have great kids, a great family, a God who cares for us, and people on earth to remind us. Here is our latest blessing. My uncle recently moved to a house that had previously been owned by people with little girls. I'm actually guessing about that, but what I do know is that when they moved they left this AMAZING playhouse in the yard. When we were there for my cousin's high school graduation and it became clear that neither she nor her sister are probably going to be playing with it much, my uncle offered it to us for our girls. Don't mind if I do. I've been dreaming of a house like this since Big Sissy was a baby and we saw something similar at a little shop in Texas. We spent all morning scrubbing spiders out of it, and it is good as new. Now it's all ready for the tea parties.

We promised my uncle we would name the house after him. So now we have a John in our backyard in case you ever come to visit.

4 comments:

granny2five said...

What a dream come true for children - either boys or girls! A wonderful place for make-believe.

Darla said...

Oh, that is precious! It's the cutest John I've ever seen! :) Tell them I can't wait to have a "club" meeting in their new house!

LissaLou said...

It's so perfect! I need to come over so I can enjoy the John, too. :)

Adaline said...

My grandmother had one of these in her backyard and I adored it. I have the fondest memories playing in that little house. So happy for you and your kids!