Monday, January 11, 2010

Oh, That Sarah!

Today Hubby took the day off. We had a great morning at Monkey Joe's and lunch at Red Robin, and I got to go copy the MOPS newsletters without trying to keep 3 little ones from breaking anything in the church office. It was amazing how quickly it went. While they were napping, I ran some errands. When I got home, Little Sissy was on the couch. I was just taking my coat off when she said, "Mommy, when are you going to have another baby?" Taken aback a little, I gently told her that I probably wasn't going to have any more babies. "Well, you could have one of those Sarah babies," she said.

"Sarah babies?"
"Yeah."
"Oh, do you mean like Sarah of Abraham and Sarah in the Bible?"
"Yeah, she had a baby. You could have a baby like that. How about 15 babies?"
"How about when you're a mommy you can have 15 babies, and I'll come over and help you with them."
"OK."

Yeah, I can have a baby just like Sarah in the Bible--who was only 90 years old!!!! If God chooses to give me a baby just like he gave Sarah, I will be happy. But just like Sarah, it will be a miracle. And not because I'm too old!!! Thank you.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hey, miracles happen!

Asher and Ellie's Family said...

Asher just asked me the SAME question yesterday. He wants another baby brother and another baby sister... I don't know what to tell him...