Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Waiting for the Signs...

Monday I took the girls to the library to sign up for the summer reading program. They get free baseball tickets out of the deal and some other stuff that makes them happy. Afterwards I took them to Burger King thinking that we would have some fun playing on the outdoor equipment. I already was feeling slightly guilty about the fat-loaded french fries and hormone-injected chicken nuggets, then we went outside. I was talking to a friend on the phone when a random kid set his soda at our table. Before I realized what was happening, Little Sissy had the drink off of the table and the straw in her mouth. Eeeewwwww. The germs get to me more than the idea of my baby drinking soda. When the mom finally came out, I explained what had happened and suggested she might want to get a new straw for her son. She said she wasn't worried about him. He had just been to the doctor and was diagnosed with strep throat.

Are you kidding me? Why did you bring him to a public playground? Why don't you just give yourself hepatitis and offer me a home-cooked meal? Of course it wasn't her fault--it was mine for not watching my child. I'm just a little freaked out now. She kindly told me where I could get free antibiotics. I mentioned the baby, and she said, "Oh, he won't get it unless she (Little Sissy) puts her fingers in her mouth and then touches his toys. " Which is exactly what Little Sissy will do. Can anyone say FREAK OUT. Now I'm just waiting for the signs...

No comments: