Monday, November 5, 2007

Deceptively Shallow

We spent the weekend with our good friends that I knew from my days in Springfield. It's so refreshing to be with that group. We had good food and good conversation. I love that this group can talk about theology, finances, nutrition, exercise, and even grammar. One conversation we had centered around the phrase, "The pool is deceptively shallow." Does that mean the pool is deep or that the pool is shallow?After looking it up on dictionary.com, we found out that it is truly just vague and that it can go either way. I love that I can even have this conversation with people. Hubby usually makes fun of me for thinking about grammar. So thanks, guys, for indulging my love for fun, conversation, and grammar. I'm not sure if you are deceptively shallow or not, but I had a great time!

No comments: